Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sailing

Had an excellent mini-vacay in Florida and got to do something I've always wanted to do: sailing! I signed up for a class and spent three hours on the water learning to tack and jibe. On the first run through, I did a complete 360 on the turn, but got better after that.

Sailors claim that a "bad day on the water is better than a good day at work." I think I agree with them. Of course, I had a perfect day for lessons - ten mile an hour winds, little powerboat traffic in  the bay and a scrumptious teacher, but a bit young.

My sail day was both a check-off on my bucket list and a bit of writing knowledge for a new contemporary romance I'm working on. AND a tax writeoff.  Really, how could I go wrong?

I enjoyed it enough that I might make this a semi-annual outing.  Land-ho and back to work. And wasn't it good of David Gandy to come along.

No comments: